Southeast University (SEU), located in the ancient capital city of Nanjing and covering a total area of 393 hectares, is one of the renowned universities administered directly under the Central Government and the Ministry of Education of China (MOE). It is also one of the universities sponsored by Project 211 and Project 985 that financially support an elite group of universities in China in order to raise their research standards and promote their development.
The origin of SEU can be traced back to 1902, when it was founded as Sanjiang Normal College. Today, with engineering as its e strength, SEU has become a comprehensive and research-oriented university with multi-disciplinary programs in science, engineering, medicine, literature, law, philosophy, education, economics, management, art, etc.
Looking into the future, SEU will carry forward its tradition of excellence and in the meantime accelerate its reform so as to achieve the goal of building itself into a top research-oriented university by 2020 and a world-class university by 2035 through a rapid, sustainable and sound development.
To implement the national new strategy and for better development, SEU invites global applications for the posts of Deans of School of Automation and School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
Descriptions of Open Positions and Introductions to Aforementioned Schools
* Open Positions: Dean of School of Automation
Dean of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering
* Introductions to Aforementioned Schools:
The School of Automation, among the first to offer the discipline of automation in China, now boasts a first-grade doctoral program and a post-doctoral research center for Control Science and Engineering, and the national key discipline of Control Theory and Engineering. The School, with considerable influence in the field of control science in China, also boasts a high-level faculty, including chair and distinguished professors of the Cheung Kong Scholar Program, National Famous Teachers, members of the Recruitment Program of Global Experts, and winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars.
The School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, which dates back to the Department of Chemistry established in Central University (predecessor of SEU) in 1902, now boasts a first-grade doctoral program and a post-doctoral research center for Chemical Engineering and Technology, as well as four second-grade doctoral programs of Applied Chemistry, Materials Physics and Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Engineering, and Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering. Academically influential both at home and abroad, the School also boasts a high-level faculty including Cheung Kong Scholars, winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars and members of the Recruitment Program of Global Youth Experts.
* Taking full charge of teaching, research, the administration and development of the School with a focus on formulating and implementing the development plan of the School in effort to boost its internationalization and development into a first-class discipline; considerably raising the standards of teaching and research, and promoting the disciplinary development and global influence of the School during the employment term so that it gains competitive advantages in China Discipline Ranking and ESI ranking.
* Promoting the faculty’s overall strength; significantly increasing the number of recruited and nurtured talents as well as members selected into national talent programs within the employment term i
* The applicants should be healthy and generally below 55 years old.
* Have a doctoral degree and senior professorship for domestic applicants; hold tenured associate professorship or higher positions of well-known universities or serve the post of researchers or other equivalent positions in famous research institutes for overseas applicants.
* Be of great learning with established academic reputation and outstanding research achievements universally acknowledged in the academic field; have strategic and innovative ideas concerning the disciplinary development as well as extensive collaborative relationships both at home and abroad.
* Be equipped with global academic vision and familiar with talent training; have work experience at colleges and universities or research institutes; have great leadership as well as organizational, communicative and social skills, capable of leading the school up to an advanced level with a sustainable development.
* Priorities will be given to the applicants who are academicians of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, members of the Recruitment Program of Global Experts, members of the Recruitment Program of Domestic Experts, distinguished professors of the Cheung Kong Scholar Program, winners of the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars, and other distinguished scholars both at home and abroad.
Deadline & Materials Required
* 10th May, 2016;
* A filled application form (attached) and two reference letters.
Applicants shall be selected through the procedure of qualification examination, interview, background check and physical examination.
The first term lasts for 5 years. Successful applicants will be provided with competitive salaries in accordance with their positions, academic level and status. Details negotiable.
Wu Lingyao & Yin Zhenqiu
Tel: +86-25-83792753 +86-25-83792765
Address: Human Resource Department, Southeast University,
2 Sipailou Rd, Nanjing, P.R.China, 210096